Please enter your login details below.
Deliveries and Click & Collect only. Click here for Instore Purchases.
Free UK shipping
on all orders > £250
Art & Photo Framing
Thank you for stopping by to have a look at our course selection. Please see the course description below. You will find more details including dates and booking at allaboutframing.co.uk/courses/
Skill level: Beginners / Hobbyist
Timings: 10am - 5pm
This special weekend consists of both of the 1 day starter level courses:
Basics of Framing
Mount Cutting and Decoration
Although this is DIY framing, it is certainly not a "bodged" solution and you will amaze yourself at the quality and dynamic, creative style you can achieve starting from scratch.
On day 1 you will be taken through the whole process of designing, planning and making a frame for one of your own pictures. Through clear explanation, demonstration and your own "hands on" practice, you will learn about:
1. Identifying the key elements of a framed picture
2. How to cut a mount, using specialised tools, for the mounting of a picture
3. Some basic ways of attaching a picture to the mount
4. Cutting moulding and joining sections to create a frame for the mounted picture
5. finding out about simple options for adding a finish to the frame
6. cutting glass and backing board to fit the frame then assembling the framed picture, including sealing the picture back and adding a hanging cord
Day 2 covers a range of practical skills and the understanding of products used in mount cutting & decoration. During the training, you will produce a portfolio of mounted artwork. The main areas covered are:
1. a range of cutting techniques using a mount cutting system
2. experimenting with double mount, offset corner and combination mounts;
3. marking out and cutting a mount with multiple openings for groups of photos
4. deep bevel mounts;
5. spaced mounts
You also find out about (and use) the specialist tools of the trade. This means that, if you decide to purchase some "kit", you will do so knowing that it won't stay in the box, unused for long!
We have introduced extra safety measures due to Covid-19. Further details are listed below
Our class sizes are now a maximum of 5 to enable social distancing throughout.
Trainers will invite individual students to observe any close up demonstrations so everyone can maintain safe distances and still receive clear instructions.
Each student will have sole use of their workbench, tools and toolbox.
We have hand sanitiser stations and antibacterial wipes will be provided to use as desired.
Our air conditioning circulates outdoor air and we will be ventilating the building at regular intervals.
Masks may be worn but are not a requirement.
We request that you notify us as soon as you can if you experience any Covid-19 symptoms in advance of or during the course
so that we can discuss joining a later course or refund.
Please refer to the latest government information on symptoms of Covid-19 at www.gov.uk/coronavirus
All About Framing | all rights reserved 2023