Please enter your login details below.
Please see our COVID-19 SHOP/WORK Protection Products Page
Free UK shipping
on all orders > £250
Art & Photo Framing - Salisbury - 13 & 14/06/20
This special weekend consists of both of the 1 day starter level courses:
Basics of Framing
Mount Cutting and Decoration
Although this is DIY framing, it is certainly not a "bodged" solution and you will amaze yourself at the quality and dynamic, creative style you can achieve starting from scratch.
On day 1 you will be taken through the whole process of designing, planning and making a frame for one of your own pictures. Through clear explanation, demonstration and your own "hands on" practice, you will learn about:
1. Identifying the key elements of a framed picture
2. How to cut a mount, using specialised tools, for the mounting of a picture
3. Some basic ways of attaching a picture to the mount
4. Cutting moulding and joining sections to create a frame for the mounted picture
5. finding out about simple options for adding a finish to the frame
6. cutting glass and backing board to fit the frame then assembling the framed picture, including sealing the picture back and adding a hanging cord
Day 2 covers a range of practical skills and the understanding of products used in mount cutting & decoration. During the training, you will produce a portfolio of mounted artwork. The main areas covered are:
1. a range of cutting techniques using a mount cutting system
2. experimenting with double mount, offset corner and combination mounts;
3. marking out and cutting a mount with multiple openings for groups of photos
4. deep bevel mounts;
5. spaced mounts
You also find out about (and use) the specialist tools of the trade. This means that, if you decide to purchase some "kit", you will do so knowing that it won't stay in the box, unused for long!
Skill level: Beginners / Hobbyist
Venue: Salisbury, SP2 0DG
Tutor: Mark Higgins
Date: 13/June/2020 - 14/June/2020
Timings: 10am - 5pm
Take advantage of our Early Bird saving. Both weekend days only £260.
Early Bird price available until two months before the course date. Normally £275.
All About Framing | all rights reserved 2020