Please enter your login details below.
Deliveries and Click & Collect only. Click here for Instore Purchases.
Free UK shipping
on all orders > £250
Basics of Framing
Thank you for stopping by to have a look at our course selection. Please see the course description below. You will find more details including dates and booking at allaboutframing.co.uk/courses/
Skill level: Beginners / Hobbyist
Timings: 10am - 5pm
This is an introduction to the basic principles of framing.
During the day you will be taken through the whole process of designing, planning and making a frame for one of your own pictures. Although this is DIY framing, it is certainly not a "bodged" solution and you will amaze yourself at the quality and dynamic, creative style you can achieve starting from scratch.
Through clear explanation, demonstration and your own "hands on" practice, you will learn about:
1. Identifying the key elements of a framed picture
2. How to cut a mount, using specialised tools, for the mounting of a picture
3. Some basic ways of attaching a picture to the mount
4. Cutting moulding and joining sections to create a frame for the mounted picture
5. finding out about simple options for adding a finish to the frame
6. cutting glass and backing board to fit the frame then assembling the framed picture, including sealing the picture back and adding a hanging cord
You also find out about (and use) the specialist tools of the trade. This means that, if you decide to purchase some "kit", you will do so knowing that it won't stay in the box, unused for long!
All About Framing | all rights reserved 2023