Please enter your login details below.
Please see our COVID-19 SHOP/WORK Protection Products Page
Free UK shipping
on all orders > £250
FRAMING & STRETCHING CANVAS VOUCHER - 1 DAY COURSE
In this practical one day course we look at the equipment, resources and skills involved in making stretcher frames, stretching and attaching the canvas art ( or fabric ), putting a frame around a stretched piece and finishing ready for hanging. All students will complete two pieces of work - one will be a "gallery wrap" stretched canvas; no frame and is for direct hanging. The second will be a framed, stretched piece.
Through clear explanation, demonstration and your own "hands on" practice, you will learn about:
1. The sequence of steps used in stretching canvas art
2. Planning projects from the artwork
3. Cutting techniques
4. How to join mitred lengths of moulding to create both stretchers and frames
5. Specialised equipment used in stretching and attaching canvas / fabric around a stretcher frame
6. How to plan, mark up and create a box / tray frame and attach a stretched piece into it
7. Specialist accessories used in attaching stretched canvases into conventional frames
8. Principles for finishing and hanging canvases.
9. Ideas for providing sight edges around the image if no frame is to be attached.
This workshop will be most valuable to those specialising in a particular form of artwork involving canvas or fabric based art: oil and acrylic painting; photos printed on canvas; tapestry workers; interior designers.
All About Framing | all rights reserved 2021